Last day logistics, beach

I've found the hotel breakfasts on this trip are huge buffets... and not all that appealing to me.  I think if they solved the coffee problem -- they all have a nepresso or similar machine that seems to be set for "mild latte" no matter what you ask for -- I might not be wanting to leave the hotel.  But to get a strong cup of espresso with a small amount of milk and foam, the machines aren't doing it for me.  People I know with home machines make fine, strong coffee, so I don't know what the reason is.  Anyway, I headed out this morning, ostensibly for coffee but also to find Chez Dallal, a very pretty cafe recommended to me by my niece.  It was further away (always!) than I thought it would be, so I had a very long walk through a part of the city I hadn't explored before.  I was rewarded by great coffee and a raspberry crumb pastry.  Yum.


I had a new appreciation for Bauhaus from yesterday's tour, and I was glad to look at the houses and apartments I walked by with the new information about why they look they way they do.  This International style building undergoing renovation, which I might have wondered about before, looked like a worthy subject for repair.


It rained all the way back to my hotel and I was up in the room drying off and looking up "things to do when I rains in Tel Aviv" when the sun came out, saving my plan to spend the day at the beach.  The weather here is typically colder and wetter than it's been on this vacation, so I feel very lucky to have so much warm sun.  I asked the hotel for late checkout (and they are charging me for it) because my flight tonight takes off after midnight.  

I spent the afternoon on the beach, came back to shower and check out and I'm headed out to dinner soon. I'll still have time to hang out in the hotel lobby before going to the airport, I don't know that there's any way to make the logistics better.  I'll wrap up the whole thing in a last post tomorrow!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

beaches, art, a lot of walking, lunch in Jaffa

Heading North, Heading West

Tzfat, lunch in a Druze village, Golan Heights & Wine